Whenever it comes about healthy life or eating right, I would first recommend green tea to everyone.. It is easily available and has lots of health benefits.
Though we can get tea bags for green tea in market, I always prefer loose leaves, as it is more pure form and you can give the flavor of your choice.
The recipe I am writing can be used either with loose leaves or with tea bags.
Ingredients and benefits:
- Green tea leaves:
- Green Tea Contains Various Bio-active Compounds That Can Improve Health
- Compounds in Green Tea Can Improve Brain Function and Make You Smarter
- Green Tea Increases Fat Burning and Improves Physical Performance
- Antioxidants in Green Tea May Lower Your Risk of Various Types of Cancer
- Green Tea May Protect Your Brain in Old Age, Lowering Your Risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Green Tea Can Kill Bacteria, Which Improves Dental Health and Lowers Your Risk of Infection
- Green Tea May Lower Your Risk of Type II Diabetes
- Green Tea May Reduce Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
- Green Tea May Decrease Your Risk of Dying and Help You Live Longer…
- And many more…
- Purifies Blood
- Good for Digestion
- Cools your Stomach
- Prevents Anemia
- Good for Skin
- Cures Cough and Cold
- Provides Instant Energy
- Prevents Asthma
- Reduces Joint Pains
- Cures Menstrual Pain
- Lemon grass:
- Prevent cancer
- Drug indigestion
- Benefits of the nervous system
- Lowering blood pressure (So people with low blood pressure problem, use with doctor’s advice)
- As an analgesic
- Beautiful Skin
- Help reduce menstrual pain and nausea
- Helps in treating allergies
- Treating nausea and vomiting
- Preventing morning sickness
- Remedy for loss of appetite
- Aiding in digestion
- Reduce menstrual pain
- Relieve headache
- Reduce joint pain in Arthritis
- And many more…
You can add any other ingredients or remove some of these… it’s completely your choice.. (E.g. you can add mint leaves if you want)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon green tea leaves or 1 green tea bag (you can increase the amount if you want ltle more more stronger tea.)
- Jaggery as per taste
- lemon grass as per taste
- ginger as per taste
Add cup water to pot.
Add lemongrass, jaggery, ginger to it.
Heat the water till jaggery is dissolved completely, I just love the aroma of lemongrass that comes at this time.
Switch off the burner and add green tea and keep for 2-3 mins.
Filter and drink green tea.