I was just looking for some homemade scrub recipe and I came across this simple and effective solution, homemade coffee sugar scrub (this one is my favourite scrub recipe).
This does not contain any harmful chemicals or preservatives.
All the ingredients are easily available have so many benefits for healthy skin.. This scrub is just awesome, it makes your skin smooth and supple.
This scrub can be made by 5 simple ingredients, of which few are optional.
- Fights Free Radicals: Pollution damages our skin and free radicals causes premature skin ageing. The antioxidants contained in caffeine can attack these free radicals and eliminate them. This will improve the overall look of your skin.
- Reduces Cellulite:Caffeine can dehydrate fatty cells. This results in the water disappearing from the surface of your skin. This minimizes the appearance of cellulite, thus providing you with a smoother skin.
- Tightens Skin: Another added benefit of caffeine is that its topical use can tighten fine lines and smooth puffy skin.
- Softens Skin: The benefits of sugar for your skin is not limited to exfoliation. If you use a scrub of brown sugar and olive oil, is it very helpful in keeping the skin soft and supple. If you feel that crystals of sugar will be too harsh on your skin, then use powdered brown sugar mixed with olive oil to soften your skin. Olive oil has Vitamin E and Omega-3 fatty acids that naturally moisturise the skin. Brown sugar removes dirt and unclogs the pores.
- Skin Oil Balance: One of the major benefits of sugar for your skin is that it maintains the oil balance. Sugar contains two important components, glycolic acid and alpha-hydroxy acid. These components help to maintain perfect oil balance in the skin. They will not allow your skin to become too dry or too oily. So all you are left with is a healthy and radiant glow.
- Protection Against Toxins: Sugar has a natural anti-ageing effect on the skin. Sugar scrubs cleanse your skin and do not allow toxins to attack your skin cells. This in the long run slows down the ageing process and helps to keep your skin youthful much beyond your years.
- Olive oil:
- Provides moisture: When massaged on skin, this oil provides moisture and makes skin soft and supple.
- Anti cancer properties: As i said earlier, olive oil contains omega -3 fatty acids and vitamin E, which nourishes skin and makes skin healthy.
- Coconut Oil:
- Moisturizing, Anti Aging and Antiviral Properties: Coconut oil is a powerful moisturizer that is beneficial to restoring dry or flaking skin. Coconut oil also helps to delay the occurrence of wrinkles because it contains antioxidant Vitamin E, known to protect skin cells from damage over time. The Vitamin E found in coconut oil soothes eczema, sunburn and psoriasis, and its antiviral and antifungal benefits even help to treat bug bites. Coconut oil contains 3 fatty acids: capric acid, lauric acid and caprylic acid. Each of these acids kill candida, a common cause of fungal infection on your skin.
- 2 tablespoon coffee powder (don’t use one you get with chicory, use pure coffee)
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
Note: Instead of 2 different oils you can use only one oil.
grind coffee and sugar together, put this mixture in bowl and add oils and honey. Mix well.
Your scrub is ready to use. You can store this scrub in a dry container for later use.