To make a good body cream, it is generally suggested to use Shea butter or cocoa butter.But unfortunately to get Shea butter or cocoa butter in India (specially Mumbai) is very difficult.
So the best alternative i found was Kokum butter.The best part of Kokum butter is, it is easy to find in any place in India and is cheap too. And the results of this cream is amazing 🙂
The only problem with Kokum butter is that it is harder and very oily, So should be used in appropriate proportion.
Benefits of Main Ingredients used:
- Kokum butter:
- Prevents dry skin and wrinkles
- Helps regenerate skin cells
- High oxidative stability Use kokum butter is soaps, balms, belly balms, foot care products and other emollient skin treatments.
- Quick absorption rate
- Excellent for sensitive skin
- Aloe vera gel:
- Minimize damaged tissues
- Relieve skin rashes
- Reduce annoying pimples
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- 2 tablespoon Kokum butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4-5 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- ½ cup distilled water
- 3 capsules of vitamin E
- 1 tablespoon corn flour (for better texture of cream)
Heat all oils and beeswax by double boiler method till beeswax and kokum butter are dissolved completely. Remove from boiler, add vitamin E, aloe vera gel and blend with blender. Then add distilled water and corn flour and blend again. Blend till you get desired texture of cream.
Note: If you want to make it more liquefied, then add more water or gel.