These rolls are tasty and healthy tea time snack. This has goodness of spinach, curd (yogurt) and chickpeas flour and it does not contain oil.
Benefits of Ingredients:
- It’s low in calories yet very high in vitamins, minerals and other phytonutrients.
- Excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, magnesium, folate, manganese, iron, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin B2, potassium, and vitamin B6.
- Spinach is loaded with flavonoids which act as antioxidants, protecting the body from free radicals.
- Recommended to those with high blood pressure
- The high amount of vitamin A in spinach also promotes healthy skin by allowing for proper moisture retention in the epidermis, thus fighting psoriasis, keratinization, acne and even wrinkles.
- And many many more.. 🙂
- Helps improve digestion
- Healthy for your heart
- Good for your teeth and bones
- Helps you lose weight
- Helps release stress and anxiety
- Chickpeas flour:
- It is Gluten Free
- One-half cup of besan flour has 201 micrograms of folate, compared to 26 micrograms in whole-wheat flour and 182 micrograms in enriched white flour.
- Good source of thiamin and vitamin B-6.
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup curd/ yogurt
- ½ cup chopped spinach leaves
- 1 ½ cups of drinking water
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- salt as per taste
- pinch of asafoetida powder
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated coconut
- chopped coriander leaves
Grind spinach leaves in grinder. Then add all other ingredients (except garnishing ingredients).
Mix well. Make sure there are no lumps.
Add this mixture to pan and heat it. Keep stirring continuously to avoid lump formation.
After some time this mixture will start leaving sides of vessel. This means our mixture is cooked properly. Now remove it from heat and pour it on flat plate, and spread to a thin sheet using spatula.
Let it cool. Cut the sheet into 2-3 inches strips using knife. Now roll each sheet into rolls.
Place these rolls in a dish.
Now for garnishing:
Heat oil in a wok and add sesame seeds, let them crack. Then add asafoetida powder and pour this tampering on rolls. Garnish with coriander leaves and grated coconut.
Your tasty spinach rolls are ready to eat.. 😉