Health is Wealth. So its very important for all of us to stay fit and eat healthy food. TodayI am going to share how to make crispy Dosa containing Oats. Oats are very healthy and are high in fiber. I used to purchase instant oats idli and dosa packs from market. But this time I thought I should do it differently so, I was looking for some oats recipe and I came across this blog Padhus Kitchen. It has lots of nice healthy recipes, one of which was ‘Oats Dosa’. Trust me it is really tasty and very easy to make.
This recipe contained plain oats, I thought of adding some twist to recipe and I added Masala Oats instead of plain oats.
Before looking into recipe lets see benefits of oats:
- It provides high levels of fiber
- It is low in calorie and stops cravings
- Reduce risk of cardiovascular disease
- Enhance immune response to infection
- Stabilize blood sugar
- Lower type 2 diabetis risk
- 1 cup masala oats (of your choice)
- 2 tablespoon rice flour
- 2 tablespoon rava/sooji (Semolina)
- 1 teaspoon green chili paste
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1 cup water
- salt as required
- oil to make dosas
Grind oats and mix all ingredients. Keeps for 15-20 mins.
Spread some oil on non stick pan (its ok if you dont have non stick pan, you can use normal one.). Heat pan properly and add 1 big spoon of batter and spread little. Let is cook properly, then turn the dosa other side, again heat for some time and remove from pan.
Serve hot with chatni or sauce of your choice.
- Make sure dosa is cooked properly from one side before turning it
- Heat dosa on low flame to make it crispy.
Try and let me know how it turns out.. 🙂