There are 3 steps to get radiant skin, they are cleaning, toning and moisturizing..
So the first and most important step to get beautiful and radiant skin in cleaning. We normally wash our face with face wash or cleansers that we get in stores. However we are already exposing our skin to so much of pollution. This makes our skin rough and dull.. And then we use other chemicals to clean our face…
We can not avoid our exposure to pollution, but we can definitely avoid use of chemicals to clean our face. Here are 4 best and simple natural facial cleansers. I was using Cetaphil cleanser, but it contains petroleum so I started using following cleansers for my skin. These does not contain ingredients that are in Cetaphil, however are really effective and chemical free.
1. Yogurt and honey cleanser: This is the best cleanser for sensitive skin and you can store this in refrigerator for few days.Yogurt contains lactic acid which exfoliates skin without damaging skin. Honey has antiseptic properties and it smooths skin naturally.
Recipe: Mix 1 tablespoon yogurt and 1 tspoon of honey. take small amount and massage gently on face. Then wash with warm water and pat dry with napkin. This will leave your skin soft and supple.
2. Bengal gram flour and milk: Bengal gram is used for skin care traditionally. This recipe is best for dry to normal skin. Just mix gram flour with milk to make paste and apply on face. You can also add turmeric powder, it will give nice glow to your skin. Massage gently and wash off. You can also add yogurt instead of milk to make paste.
3. Yogurt and lemon juice: As I said yogurt has lactic acid, and lemon has citric acid. Lemon is always used for cleansing purpose. Add 1 tspoon lemon juice to 1 tablespoon yogurt. Mix well and apply on face. Massage for 2-3 minutes and wash with warm water. This cleanser is best for oily skin.
4. Oil and honey cleanser: This is best for all skin types, even for sensitive skin. You can store this in bottle and use it anywhere anytime.
- 2 tablespoon baby oil (I used johnson baby oil)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 tspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
Mix everything in bowl and whip using blender. And your face cleanser is ready to use.Take small amount on your palm and massage on face for 2 minutes and then clean. Tap dry your face with napkin.
- This recipe has oil which moisturizes and cleans skin.
- Honey has antibacterial properties
- Baking powder exfoliates skin
- and Aloe vera gel smooths skin.
Note: You can also use coconut oil or olive oil instead of baby oil.
Let me know your feedback.