Hello friends, its Monday..grrrr…Again a stressful week started.. . We all are so busy in our routine life that we don’t get time to pamper our-self. So why not give some rejuvenating, stress relieving treatment at home itself. So I thought of sharing this rejuvenating scrub recipe with all of you..
I love sugar scrubs as they are super easy to make and are very effective. These homemade scrubs gives us luxurious feeling and are free from harmful chemicals.
I have already explained benefits of Sugar on skin in my previous post. However I have also added some amount of baking powder in this recipe.
Benefits of Ingredients:
- It strips away the dead skin on the top layer without any harsh chemicals that can damage the skin.
- The alkaline nature of baking soda prevents acne.
- Help relieve itching and stinging
Lavender essential oil:
- Lavender essential oil has a calming scent which makes it an excellent tonic for the nerves and anxiety issues. Therefore, it can also be helpful in treating migraines, headaches, depression, nervous tension and emotional stress.
- The refreshing aroma removes nervous exhaustion and restlessness while also increasing mental activity.
- According to dermatologists and aromatherapists, lavender essential oil is one of the most beneficial oils in the treatment of acne.
- Lavender essential oil is known as an excellent remedy for various types of pains.
- Lavender essential oil is also good for improving the circulation of blooding the body.
Lemongrass essential oil:
- Lemongrass Oil boosts self esteem, confidence, hope and mental strength, and it uplifts spirits and fights depression.
- Lemongrass has antimicrobial properties which makes it an inhibitor of microbial and bacterial growth in the body, both internally and externally.
- Has antiseptic properties.
- Lemongrass Oil is far better than many of the synthetic deodorants that are a big expense.
- Lemongrass Oil has good fungicidal properties and may be used to cure fungal infections.
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (you can add more oil if you have dry skin)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon lavender oil
- ¼ teaspoon lemon-grass oil
- 1 teaspoon of beetroot syrup as made for coloring lip balm (For coloring)
Note: You may add essential oils of your choice
Mix sugar, olive oil and coconut oil and grind together.
Add baking powder and essential oils and mix properly.
Add beetroot syrup to color the scrub. You may use any food color of your choice, I added beetroot syrup as I did not want any chemical in this scrub.
Please let me know if you like this recipe.