Finally!!! after a week I got time to share one of my recipes. I believe 99.99% ladies love lip balm.. Let it be any season, girls need lip balm.
However the one we get in market mostly contains petroleum gel, which is not good for skin and it makes lips sticky and sometimes dark too.. After trying n number of balms I decided to make my own.
I found some recipes for lip balms without harmful chemicals. I wanted to make one with chocolate flavor. All lip balm recipes needed cocoa butter for making chocolate flavored lip balm (cocoa butter is not easily available in India as mentioned in my previous post ). But then I came across something called as “Oil Infusion”.
There are two ways of oil infusion:
- Cold infusion (Requires at least one month of time)
- Heat infusion (faster method)
I did not have patience to wait till one month so i decided to use second method. To make chocolate flavored infused oil, I heated olive oil with cocoa seeds on hot plate. It took 3-4 hours to get desired color and aroma.
Then I started with my actual recipe:
- Beeswax – 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil (heat infused with cocoa seeds) – 4 tablespoons
- Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon (It is in Liquid form in India)
- Vitamin E capsules – 2
- Butterscotch essence – 1 teaspoon
- Melt beeswax using double boiler method. Don’t heat too much, just melt it
- Add oils and stir well.
- Turn off burner or remove mixing bowl from boiler and add vitamin E and butterscotch essence. Stir well.
- Immediately pour this mixture in the containers in which you want to store lip balm.
- Let it cool for some time.. Your lip balm is ready to use.. 🙂
This lip balm gives some shine to lips (almost negligible color) and it is nourishing and moisturizing. And the aroma of cocoa and butterscotch is just lovely..
Let me know how it goes with you..